Friday, December 14, 2012

Fiber art with wool roving and nylon

 After dyeing fibers for the last few days, I decided to play with them and make some art.  These are not finished, but I thought I'd show my progress.

I did not have an idea for the first three, I laid fibers down and attached them with my felting machine. I plan to add some free motion stitching to these.

Abstract
 

Sunrise. I am not done with putting fiber down yet, I think I'm going to add some trees in the foreground and of course fiber at the bottom as well

Diagonals. The purple is Bamboo and the shine is really nice on this fiber.

I really like this one. I used Nylon for the center of the circles and it has a lovely sheen.  I plan to add some hand embroidery.


1 comment:

  1. I really like the top one just the way it is, but you know me I love abstract art. I like the others too, the texture and blend of colors are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete