Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day of the Dead assemblages, progress photos

I am working on some Day of the Dead assemblages to submit to a juried art show next week.  I thought I'd show my works in progress.

I am going to make two skulls, one woman/one man, decorated with yarn.  I will show you later what I do with the frosting dye that is in the jar.

 The skulls had small metal hoops at the top for hanging, but I am adding hoops on the back of the heads so they can be hung on the wall. I bent these out of metal wire and jammed them into the Styrofoam head. I added some glue to keep the wire from popping out.

 Oh, and I thought I'd add some buttons. I think I have a few around here somewhere.

I spray painted my skulls in case there are any gaps in the yarn that I put on them.

 Here is the third piece I am working on.  I am going to combine these items inside of the box. I love this Milagros paper, it is uber-fantastic. Poor George Washington has no idea what is going to happen.

I had to take out the upper interior shelf. This was a bigger pain than I thought it would be as it was slotted into the side of the cabinet.  I used my dremel to help cut through the shelf and then I was able to pull out it out.   I am currently contemplating painting the exterior of the box red.

No comments:

Post a Comment