Friday, December 27, 2013

More Gel Skins


I decided to try just making a skin with the Tulip dimensional paint and no other medium.  I used a lot of paint thinking if the lines were close together it would be easy to peel off.



When I tried to peel it off, the paint was very stretchy and it looked really bad and deformed. (And it was hard to peel).

So I decided to put clear gloss medium over them. It was way easier to apply than the soft gel I tried last time since it is pourable. I used a palette knife to spread the medium.

With the medium on it, wet.

I peeled them off after they dried overnight. I like the gloss (liquid) medium better than the soft gel. The soft gel showed marks from the palette knife so the clear parts look very textured. The gloss medium is very smooth and therefore looks more clear. There are some air bubbles in places though.

Blue:

Red:

Black, you can see some of the air bubbles when held to the light:

I like these better. It still takes a lot of medium to cover them, but they look pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. So what are you going to do with this now? I thought you going to use as a mask, but the gel covered in all the holes? Will be interesting to see what you come up with for mixed media project. MOM

    ReplyDelete