Monday, October 1, 2012

Day of the Dead, skull progress

Here are my skulls that I plan to cover with yarn.  I drew a "road map" on them so I had an idea of the patterns I wanted on them.

Here I have started with the yarn.  This took at least three hours.  Once I finish the patterns in yarn, filling in the solid sections should be pretty quick. I really did not think it would be this time consuming!  I will persevere and at least finish this one.  The second one is another story.  Maybe I will do all the decorative parts with buttons or felt on that one. I don't know. I think I will make a final decision after finishing the first one. 

I am hoping it is going through an ugly duckling stage and becomes fabulous when it is completed. Right now he looks pretty rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment