Sunday, May 11, 2014

Colorado Mixed Media Club May meeting: stencils and gelli printing

Saturday was the May meeting of the Colorado Mixed Media Club. May is a pretty hectic month, so we did gelli printing with stencils, which we've played with before. This time, we made our own stencils using a thin graphic (mylar type) film, and made prints using a Gelli plate and open acylic paints.

Here are a bunch of Sabyl's stencils
 

Sabyl's plate while she is laying down stencils.

Here is one of Sabyl's demo prints.

Here is one of the stencils I made (using a photo of myself). This is after I printed with it.


My stencils of cone flowers.

Laurie at work.


Laurie's print.
Another of Laurie's.

Enid reviewing her prints.

Three prints of Enid's.




My print with my face stencil. I printed this on some canvas paper that already had paint on it.
My cone flowers.

The turquoise is a print from a flower stencil, printed on pre-painted freezer paper.

Susan's print using my stencil.


We had a good time, and I want to make some more stencils. The film we used was easy to cut, because it was very thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment