Sunday, May 11, 2014

Denver Botanical Garden, field trip

The Denver Botanical Garden was having a plant sale on Friday and Saturday so admission was free.  I wanted to take some photos of the lily pads (for reference for an art piece) so I thought I would swing by. It was a beautiful, around 70 degrees and sunny, and I ended up wandering around for an hour an a half.

I am a sucker for poppies. My big ones at home should flower soon.


 The fruit trees were flowering.


I don't know what type of tree this is, but I liked the color contrast.

Columbines.


I am not sure what this is either.

 Peony.

Tree peony.

Even the cactus were blooming.
 
 Koi fish (for reference for an art piece as well).


All of the spring flowers were out: lilacs, irises, tulips, bleeding hearts, and lots of others. The next day, Sunday, we got lots of snow, so I wonder if they all survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment