Monday, May 5, 2014

Field trip to the Paris Street market, Littleton

One of the places I love to go in the summer, is the Paris Street market in Littleton.  I impatiently wait for the first weekend all spring. Finally the first Saturday in May arrived.

It was pretty packed with shoppers, as usual.  I like to look for rusty bits and cool weird things to include in my assemblage art.  These types of things seemed very limited this time.

I also have the new house to decorate, so I was looking for a small free-standing cabinet for the downstairs bathroom and other small house furnishing items.  For the most part, all of the vintage furniture at the Paris Market was painted. I would prefer pieces with a wood finish for the new house. I did not like the colors of the painted furniture. I actually would have preferred something with some pow if I was going to get a painted piece, but most were black.

Regardless, I did find some cute things.

Cast Iron hand, I have a specific spot in the new house for this, and a cast iron doo-dad, for art:

Old folding table, I will probably do something to this and hang this as art. I tried to remove the paint splotches but with little success. I have a pressed tin panel somewhere and thought I could mount it to this to "frame" it.

Pillow.  I love this because it reminds me of a Gustav Klimt painting. The living room walls in the new house will be a green-yellow, so this will look great in there.


This is probably the last time I will get to the Paris Market before we move.  I hope I find some good flea markets in Nebraska.

We also stopped at an Estate sale on the way home.  I have a high tolerance for dirt and dust, but this home looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 40 years. I touched the wood legs of an ottoman and it felt greasy as well as dirty.  Ugh!  I did buy some old roller skates and five small embroidered pieces.  I didn't look very hard at the embroidered pieces while I was there, and I love this mermaid piece.  



I also stopped to see Susan at her studio and exchanged some 50's dress patterns I bought for her for some Methyl Cellulose.  I am looking forward to playing with it, but still need to finish some other art pieces first. I bought this for creating fabric collages, but I found some instructions on my computer for marbling with it, so may try that too.



No comments:

Post a Comment