Friday, October 25, 2013

More Autumn leaves with Setacolor painted fabric

I was able to paint more fabric outside before my husband sucked up the leaves I wanted to use for sun printing. I had this fantastic idea to add a second layer of paint to some previously painted fabrics using white Setacolor transparent paint and leaves. My goal was to have a white-ish background with leaf imprints that would be the original fabric color. I was totally stoked  by this idea for some reason and it was an utter fail. My feeling is that the white color does not sun print like the rest of them.  I just got a lot of fabric with a coat of white on them and no leaf patterns. I only took a picture of one of them. Any interesting patterns or textures are from the original layer of paint. It just has a coat of white on top now.

I did, of course, do some other painting while I was at it. This is a piece of ivory polyester organza painted with orange and sun printed with leaves.


I love, love, love this one. It was a previously painted cotton type fabric and was gray/yellow/green. I painted it with black and put leaves on top. It's yummy.


This was a polyester organza I had sun printed the other day with some mesh fabric.  I added a coat of black and sun printed leaves, along with one stencil in the upper right.



 This was a piece of ivory organza. I painted it black and used a bunch of stencils on it. It turned out great.



I don't plan to give up on the white coated fabrics. I am heat setting them in the dryer, then will add another layer of colored paint. I can't make them any worse, and I could end up with magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment