Saturday, February 16, 2013

Another great assemblage find at the thrift store

I went to one of my usual thrift stores yesterday, it's a small place with mainly clothes, but occasionally I find something out of the ordinary.  I found this brass tray that reminds me of a Moorish arch. The shop keeper thought it looked like a keyhole. Either way I was quite content to take it off their hands.  I am going to put it in a wood shadow box.

I want to fill the area behind it with metal bits, trims, etc. Here is a start, but I have a long way to go.

For the center, I want to create a felted landscape. I am using this little sketch from my journal as a reference.


I think I will paint the outer frame red to compliment to the colorful interior. I haven't decided what color to paint behind the metal bits, but like my sketch quite a bit so may keep close to it for colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment