Sunday, May 12, 2013

Core Gallery - WOW show

The Core New Art Space currently has their WOW (Wide Open Whatever) show on exhibit. This is their biggest show of the year where they take as many entries as they can. We went to the opening on Friday. It was a good crowd and many of my friends were there so it was a fun night.

I have three pieces in the show.

This piece, "Shoot!" took Honorable Mention. It used rifle targets, cowboy viewmaster slides and covers, toy railroad tracks, chains, and toy guns.
 "A bug flew in my head"
 "Unchain my Heart"
 Susan, Sabyl, and Liz came to the show.
 Melanie said she was having a bad hair day.
 Here was the gallery towards the end of the night. My guess is there are at least 100 works on display.

It is an interesting show as they like to include the unusual. Please stop by if you get a chance. They are on 9th Ave, just off of Sante Fe Blvd. The show runs until May 26th.

No comments:

Post a Comment