Monday, March 18, 2013

Sketching with water media

In the evenings I typically watch some TV, and I thought I would do something creative at the same time.  Since I've been doing a lot of assemblage and fiber art, I haven't done much drawing. I have missed it and really enjoyed messing around with some water soluble supplies the other night. 

I used Portfolio oil pastels and two Inktense pencils I bought to try them out. I love the color of the portfolio pastels, but they don't really keep their point so it is hard to do details with them. The inktense pencils just seemed like watercolor pencils to me. I had some colored water soluble graphite pencils but didn't end up using them.  I have a giant box full of these index card things (maybe 5" x 7"?) so I thought they would make good substrates.

I had this idea for circular flowers and I really like how cheerful they are.

I liked the circles so much I did an abstract one.

I did the red and blue lines in the background with the Inktense pencils, then didn't know what to do after that so I decided to draw a face. She doesn't look to bad considering I haven't drawn a face in a long while.

It was nice to doodle and play while watching my favorite shows and hope to keep it up. I want to do some felted landscapes, so I may draw some ideas for that tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment