Monday, March 18, 2013

Altered altoid tins, 2nd Saturday club

This month, our 2nd Saturday Art Club got together on 3rd Sunday instead.  We altered tins (altoid and other tins). We had a great time as usual!

Here is Laurie and her round tin and the start of a house assemblage. Susan had wood house shapes to share, which I loved!
 


Here is the start of Sabyl's tin. 

Susan and her "lady". I love the metal faucet handle thing on top.


Here are Enid and Trisha working on their pieces.

Enid's faces.

Trisha's Van Gogh inspired sea scape.
 
Newcomer Liz is working on her tin. She had papered it, then had technical difficulties. I think she still enjoyed the camaraderie and craziness that is 2nd Saturday group!

Here is a piece I have in progress. I still need to glue everything down and I have a decorative piece for the top of the tin.

Here is the piece I made with Susan's house shape. The kid photos are me and my sister. The transparency in the tin is our childhood house in Toledo, OH. The bottom portion is a Diet Coke can that I ran through my die cutting machine with an embossing plate (Tim Holtz plate, I believe) and inked with Staz On.

It was a fun time, and we stayed for over five hours! A great way to spend a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment