Monday, September 22, 2014

Painting Big

I signed up for an online workshop with Alisa Burke, "Larger than Life", about painting large.  It is not a live class, but includes a lot of videos. I found it interesting and motivating.  Some of it isn't really my style. She uses words and phrases in some of her layers, which is something I typically don't do (on purpose).

I did start two paintings this weekend. There is still a lot of painting and layers that needs to be done, but I thought it was a good start. I do have an idea for a different kind of painting. I will probably work on it, while I am adding more to these.

I do highly recommend Alisa's class. It has lots of info and videos, and it is good motivation to jump in and get painting. I felt like I definitely got my money's worth, and I can go back and review the lessons and watch the videos any time.

These are about 2 'x 3', which is big for me, but I want to go bigger. It only took me about an hour to do both of these.   I really should have ironed these before I painted them. One is canvas, the other is a somewhat heavy muslin, both had been washed because I was originally going to dye them, so they were somewhat wrinkly.

I hope to find time to work on these this week. Last week was a bit of a battle, my hours have been increased at work, and I had a cold, so I lost all motivation. But I'm raring to go this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment