I really loved the translucent quality of gelli prints on interfacing, and wanted to layer them with some paper prints. Here is a detail of the final piece.
To create this, I took this gelli print on interfacing (this piece was lying on a table, so the picture is from an angle).
And I hand stitched around the figures to attach them to one another.
It looked pretty cool, but most of the deli paper print is obscured.
So I took out my trusty embossing gun (outside for good ventilation and on concrete so I didn't catch anything else on fire, with a tub of water at the ready just in case) and melted away some of the interfacing. I love how it looks!