Monday, August 13, 2012

Denver County Fair

On Sunday, my husband and I went to check out the Denver County Fair.  I believe this is only it's second year.  It is a small affair.  We went to the Colorado state fair a couple years ago and it is mega-huge in comparison to the Denver one. 

I think it would be more enjoyable if you had kids with you, but it was fun to see the chickens and roosters.  I enjoyed looking at the art, cool robots, quilts, and crafts submitted for judging. I thought about submitting something myself, but was intimidated by the winner from last year (Laurie Gibb), whose piece called "Turtle" that was a travel van covered with art quilts.  It was very impressive. But looking at this year's entries I shouldn't have let that stop me and I should have put something in.
I think I should have looked at the schedule to find events that would appeal to us (robot wars, sewing contest, etc) as I am sure that would have upped the fun factor. 




 I love this yarn bomb archway! Check out the giant buttons.



No comments:

Post a Comment