Between renovating a bathroom and increasing my hours at work, I haven't blogged in quite a while. I have not finished any art in the last two weeks, but I have quite a few in process so I thought I'd show what I am working on. I will do bigger posts on each when I am done.
This is an fabric piece made from polyester fabrics, lutradur, and gelli printed interfacing. I plan to do quite a bit of free motion stitching (with cotton thread) and then will zap it with a heat gun. I think it's looking pretty good. I may add some paint after zapping it as I think it needs more contrast.
I am working on collaging gelli prints on this storage box. I just need to find my Dorland's wax so the edges don't get stuck together when it is closed, otherwise this one is done.
Then I decided to pull out my felting supplies. I thought they were all in one large plastic storage box. But once I pulled out all the supplies, this is the pile. And there are still a few things I haven't found (must be stored in the garage somewhere), like my favorite roller and my sprinkle bottle for soapy water.
These are the projects I have in progress. I expect things will be busy until Thanksgiving. By then, I hope to have the clawfoot tub moved back in the bathroom, instead of being in the middle of the living room (where it was moved to allow the bathroom floor to be tiled). And hopefully, we will have the new vanity installed by then as well. December will be another wave of craziness as we have the basement remodeled. I may have a studio of my own by spring (at this rate).