Friday, September 20, 2013

Fly away assemblage


Here is an assemblage that will be in the Art Students League of Denver's show, What Once Was Lost, The Art of Assemblage. I plan to go to the reception on October 4th.

I actually found the metal panel, already rusted and attached to a wood frame, at a local thrift store. I don't remember where I got the pulley with chain.  The pulley is bumpy on the back side, so I used some washers and rusty bits as shims to allow the pulley arms to attach correctly to the panel. The arm is a baby doll arm that I painted off-white. I love the way it turned out. I plan to do another one in this series next week, I have a rusted baby doll arm, another bird, and a more simple pulley and chain waiting for me in the studio!


What Once Was Lost: The Art of Assemblage 
Art Students League
200 Grant Street Denver, Colorado 80203
 Sept 30–Nov 13, 2013
First Friday Reception:
Oct 4 | 5:30–8 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment