Monday, April 18, 2016

Finnabair classes

The week before last, I took some classes with Finnabair at Imagine That in Columbus, NE. I was thrilled that an internationally known instructor came to Nebraska.  I was also thrilled that my sister decided to visit and attend some of the classes as well.
Myself, Finnabair, and my sister Cinda
My friend Karen, from Denver, also came to Nebraska for these classes. It was great to see her as we haven't had a chance to hang out for quite some time.


Finnabair demoing
My finished piece
My sister's finished piece

My piece from class two (it needs a bit of work still)

Cinda's piece from class two

There was an article in the local paper about Finnabair's visit and classes, here is a link.  I was in the background of the photo they included in the article. Art is very serious...
ImagineThat Guest


After class, my sister and I both worked on some other pieces in Imagine That's cropping room, and then some more at home.

Here is Cinda's piece.
 

And here is my piece.

I did not include any progress photos of these pieces, since the techniques are Finnabair's and teaching them is how she makes a living. I highly recommend taking a class from her, she really keeps everyone on track so you can finish the projects in class.




1 comment:

  1. Great Mixed Media Pieces. I am trying to do some mixed media stamping stuff with cards. None of mine are finished yet. We are going to work on them again this Friday. I made some in a class with Buffy. Have a salt background technique class this Sat. Doing Colorburst class with Ken Oliver on May 14th. Hope to go to Sarah Duke Gardens this Sun. Peonies should be blooming.

    ReplyDelete