I thought this was a fun project and easily done in 10 minute sections of time over a few days, since there is drying time involved.
I am painting over this painting/collage on canvas, as I never liked it much. You can see I started putting some modeling paste for texture over it.
I cut four artificial flowers off their stems. Sometimes they fall apart into individual pieces/layers when I do this, so it's good to put a dab of glue between the layers to hold it together. It looks like Donna used flowers meant for scrapbooking so she didn't seem to have this issue. I used Beacon's 3n1 glue to glue the flowers down. I added some texture paste, and let it dry.
A day later, I covered it all with gesso.
And let it dry.
Donna smeared on acrylic paints at this stage, but I just sprayed mine with glimmer mist type sprays. And let it dry.
I came back in with some more gesso and a touch more spray.
While the gesso was wet, I sprinkled some UTEE (clear embossing powder) over top, and heated it with a heat gun.
I thought this was awesome and easy! I wish I got a bit more gunky and heavy with gels to add more texture and make the flowers look more artsy, and I may skip the last layer of gesso and embossing powder if I try this again.