Monday, November 4, 2013

Handweavers Guild of Boulder Annual Show and Sale

This past weekend I went to this sale in Longmont. Due to the giant flood we had months ago, they had to move their sale from the Boulder County Fairgrounds to an empty store space in the local mall.

They have a ton of handmade/hand dyed items, from dyed silk scarves, to woven reed baskets to hand felted items. And of course woven scarves and jackets and rugs. I always enjoy looking at all the lovely things.


I love Heide Murray's needle felted minis. They are adorable. She teaches needle felting classes in the Longmont/Boulder area and I keep meaning to take one of her classes.


 I loved Suzzanne McGuirk's felt steampunk sculptures.


They did have some dyed wool roving, but I didn't see anything I had to have in that department.

But I do love curly wool, and I can't find it very often. They had blue and a super bright yellow, which I bought, but passed on the dark red and dark green.

But how much bright yellow do I really need? I took out my Colorhue dyes and dyed some of it orange and some lime green.  Curly wool makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment